Well, I’ve been under the weather for a week and I promised my FB readers I’d create a tutorial on how to create a listing for your products. Luckily my Amazon business doesn’t stop when I do, so that machine is still working even when I can’t seem to get out of bed.
I had grand plans of making a video tutorial, but I don’t know if I could make it 10 minutes without sneezing, so I decided a few images and I’ll show you the bare minimum you need to create a listing of your own.
Before you get started you will need
Ready? Let’s do this!
1. Under inventory go to add a product. Complete a search to ensure your product is not in the catalog already.
2. Once you’re sure its not in the catalog, you’ll need to create it yourself and find the appropriate category.
3. The asterisks are the absolute minimum you must complete, but I do all of the ones I circled in the image. I can’t help myself, but you don’t have to do it!
4. On to the next page, again, the circled items are what I fill out at the minimum. (90% of the time, I just fill out the 3 and move on.)
5. The images one, you don’t want to get hung up on. Click browse, upload your image in the pop up and move on. Half the time, I can’t get this to work. Don’t stress. You can go into your inventory AFTER you’re done, and upload again. Like I said, don’t fret. You’ll really add it later if it doesn’t work. I haven’t figured out the magic behind this one.
6. It’s all important here, so take your time and fill this out. If you have another website that’s prompting you with info, use their information. No need to reinvent the wheel here.
7. Silly me, I’ve never actually investigated the “platinum” option. If someone else knows, please enlighten the rest of us. Again, keywords are important, use every last bit of space here. Get creative.
8. Remember, the red is the bare minimum you have to fill out. I fill out more, based on what I know.
9. Guess what? That’s it! Once you complete it, wait about 10 minutes and then search for your item in your inventory. Click on the link to see how it reads on the live site. If the image isn’t there, go into your inventory actions and add the image again. Like I said in step 5, don’t fret. You’ll be able to add it in this part.
10. Rinse and Repeat my friends! Oh, and if you have any tips on how you make this listing process easier, please help!